Saturday, August 3, 2013

Go For The Glow




One thing that I always want from my skincare and makeup, no matter what season it is, is a glowing radiant complexion. So here are my picks of some of the best products for brightening the skin and imparting that lusted-after healthy glow. 

A new addition to my skincare routine and one that I have been yearning for since its release is the Origins GinZing Energy-Boosting Moisturiser. This light gel-cream is enriched with panax ginzing, chestnut seeds and coffee beans and promises to add radiance and visibly wake up tired skin. This moisturiser definitely delivers, leaving my skin with a healthy glow, before any makeup has even been applied. This stuff also smells amazing, very fruity and citrusy with notes of orange (which happens to be my favourite scent).

For a radiant, lit-from-within base, the best foundation I have found is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. I only picked this up a little over a week ago and I have completely fallen in love with it. This foundation gives my skin the most beautiful and natural glow without looking shiny. I already own the Healthy Mix Serum from Bourjois which I also really like, but this new lightweight formulation which contains various fruit extracts to deliver radiance, hydration, energy and antioxidant properties is a definite contender for my Holy Grail highstreet foundation.

When skin is looking a little lacklustre, or you've had your face on all day long and need a quick makeup pick-me-up, a quick spritz of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir does the job quickly and effectively. This can be used as a setting spray, a spray-on toner or as a final touch to makeup to give that longed-for dewy look. 


When you've achieved your desired base, your glow can be intensified using highlighting products like the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. This beautiful baked highlighting powder delivers a stunning golden/champagne-coloured glow. This is the perfect highlighter for Summer as it is packed with shimmer and its golden tones look stunning with a tan to create that glowing bronzed look.

For those who prefer a creamier option, the Topshop Glow highlighter in Polished has a very lightweight, mousse-like texture which imparts a subtle creamy champagne shimmer to areas you want to highlight. Swept across the cheekbones, under the brow bones, in the inner corners of the eye and a dab above the cupids bow, this highlighter blends easily to emphasise areas which would naturally catch the light. I also think this would work well as a cream eyeshadow.

Finally, a post about achieving glowing skin wouldn't be complete without including the cult highlighting pen, the YSL Touche Eclat. Translating to 'Radiant Touch', this award-winning pale pink/champagne coloured highlighter has more uses than most people realise. Use it to outline the lips to create the illusion of a fuller pout, draw a line down the centre of the nose for a slimming effect or apply to the centre of the forehead and the temples for an instant face lift. The Touche Eclat also works well to brighten under the eyes as well as the eyelids and inner corners.


Six products, multiple uses to achieve radiant, healthy-looking skin with a natural glow.

What are your top picks for a glowing complexion?

Holly xo

Follow on Bloglovin

8 comments :

  1. This Topshop highlighter sounds amazing, I'm really curious of the mousse-like consistency. And I love the packaging xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products look great! Thanks for sharing
    x
    http://sassyc0c0.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, i really want to try that mac mineralize skin finish! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time someone has described what the Ginzing moisturizer smells like, and now that I know, if I didn't already want it before, I totally would now! I love my healthy mix foundation and really want to try the mineralize skin finish! Great picks! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post - I love the caudalie beauty elixir, I really need to buy a new one :) x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Love this post :) I'm your newest follower! I've just started a new beauty blog it would mean the world to me if you could check it out and let me know what you think.

    Thanks so much!
    Daisy Dear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing post, great picks for a glowing complexion! I've followed you on GFC and would love a follow back x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems great!Thank you for sharing!Pls post more! Shall we follow each other? i love comment and browse blogs i followed!
    XOXO
    Poppy:
    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com
    Pls leave a message if u follow me , i will follow back soon~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo