Thursday, August 22, 2013

Empties #1


Considering the amount of beauty products I purchase and use on a daily basis, I thought I'd have done an empties post by now. The truth is though, like most beauty bloggers, I like to rotate my products rather than use the same ones every day, and old favourites can often be forgotten when that exciting new range is released that we all just have to try..
However, after a couple of months of collecting empty bottles and tubs in a box under my bed, I feel I've got an acceptable amount to dedicate a post too. Here I'll tell you about the products I've completely used up recently and whether I would repurchase them (or already have!).

Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Bodywash
I literally own every product in the Sugar Crush range. Why? Because the stuff smells bloody incredible! This is actually the second 500ml bottle of the bodywash that I've used up as it is the only thing I use in the bath or shower. The Sugar Crush range is made with lime oil which gives it its fresh citrusy scent. I like to use around 6 pumps of the stuff (thumbs up for the handy pump dispenser by the way) to create a nice lather and really enjoy the amazing smell. Now I will admit, this scent isn't for everyone - it is very very sweet which some people find off-putting (such as my mother and sister who prefer the Clean On Me bodywash from S&G). But for those who love a sweet citrus scent and like a fresh product that really wakes you up during your morning shower - this is for you. 
Repurchase? Already have. Two bottles. 

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
This award-winning cult cleanser has been my go-to day and night for months now. Liz Earle uses naturally active ingredients in her skincare range and this cleanser, containing rosemary, camomile, cocoa butter and eucalyptus oil gently and effectively removes every scrap of makeup whilst leaving your skin feeling soft, nourished and refreshed. Cleanse and Polish is in the form of a thick cream, which you massage into dry skin before removing with a hot flannel or muslin cloth. The original version smells slightly like vapour rub, in my opinion, but I don't find the smell off-putting at all. I love the pastel turquoise packaging, the pump dispenser (I do love a pump dispenser, can you tell?) and most importantly, the way it makes my skin feel. And I still can't believe that a cult product like this is only £13.25!
Repurchase? Already have, the minute my first one ran out. 

Bioderma Crealine H2O
I won't rave about this micellar water too much as I wrote a full review of it here, but I have gone through countless bottles of this since I first tried it. I've even got my 15 year-old sister hooked on it now, since I gently (ha) urged her away from makeup wipes. It removes my eye makeup swiftly and effectively, even when I'm wearing a dark smokey eye. It doesn't fair too well against waterproof makeup but I don't wear waterproof mascara anyway so I don't find this to be a problem. Love the stuff and I can't see myself ever going without it. It's not particularly easy to come across in the UK, but I've always bought mine from eBay and have never had any issues.
Repurchase? Guess what? Already have. 3 Bottles.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation
I used this up quite a while ago now. This was my go-to highstreet foundation until I found one that totally blew it out of the water - the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. This foundation provides medium foundation, with quite a thick consistency. It also contains tiny glitter particles to give a more radiant appearance, though some people find this very noticeable. I've never actually noticed the glitter and did really enjoy the slightly dewy finish of this foundation. Like I said though, the Bourjois Healthy Mix has totally taken over as my favourite highstreet base. It gives me the most glowing, radiant and natural-looking skin and is definitely a contender for holy grail status. Sorry Rimmel Wake Me Up.
Repurchase? I did when this bottle ran out but since discovering an even better highstreet foundation, I doubt I will buy the Rimmel one again for a long time. 

Clarins Daily Energiser Cream
This cream has a gorgeous consistency, not too light, not too heavy, just very creamy - can I describe a cream as creamy? This daily moisturiser has a real luxurious feel to it, from the sturdy glass packaging to the heavenly scent. This cream is specifically made for younger skin, being aimed at women in their 20s and is non-greasy. It feels very light and refreshing on the skin and works really nicely under makeup. This cream retails for £21 which isn't bad at all for a higher end skincare range, though you only get 30ml of product. 
Repurchase? I'm currently using the Origins Ginzing Moisturiser but I would definitely consider repurchasing this in future. 

YSL Top Secrets Eye Makeup Remover
I received this 30ml sample size of makeup remover in a set with the YSL Touche Eclat and YSL Faux Cils mascara. It is a biphase solution, meaning it is made up of oil and water and needs to be shaken before each use in order for the two to mix together. This is an amazing makeup remover. It even beats my Bioderma in terms of speed of eye makeup removal. Literally a 2p coin sized amount of this solution on a cotton pad will remove even the most intense of eye makeup in around 10 seconds. The 100ml size of this makeup remover is £24 which is actually less than I thought it would be from YSL.
Repurchase? Knowing that it only costs £24, I actually would consider repurchasing this for times when I want my makeup removed in seconds or when I'm wearing waterproof mascara and Bioderma just doesn't cut it. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
This beauty blogger's favourite from Collection (née Collection 2000) needs no introduction. The Lasting Perfection concealer is incredible at hiding blemishes - a dab of this popped onto a spot is like waving a magic wand and popping the thing off your face altogether. It's that good. Some people find this a little heavy and drying for use under the eyes, but I use this every day to conceal my dark circles, and though I have noticed some creasing/dryness a couple of times, on the whole it works brilliantly and brightening up the area. Yeah the packaging isn't great, the print rubs off after a few uses, but for £4.19 and considering the quality of the product inside, I'm not going to complain. I must be onto my fifth or sixth tube of this stuff now. One of my daily essentials.
Repurchase? 100%, I don't ever want to be without a tube of this stuff in my makeup collection.

Have you tried any of these products? 
Which item/s will you always repurchase?

Holly xo

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments :

  1. I have been using the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation for the last few weeks. And i think that when it is done, im going to try the Bourjjois one you mentioned :)
    xx Stephanie (www.stephaniesstyleblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend it if you like the glowy and slightly dewy look! xx

      Delete
  2. After reading this post I definitely need to try this concealer! It seems like everyone loves it! xx

    Justine | BRIGHTON DREAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing for covering blemishes and so cheap! You should give it a try :) xx

      Delete
  3. i've always wanted to try the wake me up foundation, but since hearing about the bourjois healthy mix i've been eyeing that one even more frequently! too bad my only means of trying it is through online purchase where i can't match my color in person ):

    xx
    Natalie | Salt & Sail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be my daily foundation but the Bourjois one has totally taken its place, its such a gorgeous base! Oh no that's a shame, I use the shade 52 Vanilla and I'm quite fair but never the lightest shade in foundation colours if that helps? xx

      Delete
  4. I have wanted to try the Liz Earle cleanser and Bioderma for the longest time! I wish they were more accessible for me though. It's so difficult to get my hands on either one!

    xo, Pareasa
    The FAB Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are daily staples for me! Couldn't be without either of them :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've been dying to try bioderma!!! Still haven't. :(

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party TODAY. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the S&G Sugar Crush range, such a gorgeous scent! And I've never tried the Collection concealer, would you believe? Ha! xx

    Curls and Swirls Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this water micellar Bioderma ;)

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Soap & Glory wash sounds gorgeous, I love citrus' scents!
    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love bioderma and collection 2000 concealer

    http://thisgirlloveschic.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use the Bioderma Crealine lotion ALL THE TIME, it's one of my favorite product EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried the foundation and concealer - really like them. Interested in drying the Bioderma product, seen a lot about it! http://levinia94.blogspot.co.uk/ x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting, I read and appreciate every single one of them xo